DVA ( Department of Veterans' Affairs ) Payments
What is the Veteran Card
The Veteran Card is a redesign of the DVA White, Gold and Orange cards. There are no changes to entitlements or the services you can access with these cards.
The Veteran Card provides businesses the opportunity to offer concessions and benefits to veterans in recognition of their service.
The Veteran Card is part of the Australian Defence Veterans’ Covenant.
Who can receive it?
You are eligible for a Veteran Card if you:
- have an existing DVA White, Gold or Orange card as a veteran
- are the dependant of a veteran and you have your own DVA Gold Card
- are a current or former member of the Australian Defence Force (ADF), including reservists, with at least one day of continuous full-time service (CFTS)
- are a reservist who can access free mental health care
- are a reservist with an accepted service-related injury or condition
What you can receive?
The benefits you can get with a Veteran Card will depend on the colour of your card. Find out what entitlements you may have with a:
1 – Veteran Gold Card:
The Gold Card is a treatment card that provides you with clinically required treatment for all medical conditions. You can also access a range of services and support. The Gold Card has been redesigned and is also known as a Veteran Gold Card or a Repatriation Health Card for all conditions.
2 – Veteran White Card:
The White Card is a treatment card that can provide you with medical treatment for:
- accepted service-related injuries or conditions
- all mental health conditions (for veterans with continuous full-time service or certain reserve service)
3 – Veteran Orange Card
The Veteran Orange Card gives you access to prescription medicines, wound care items and nutritional supplements at a concession rate. Your card cannot be used for medical or other healthcare treatment.
The cards available to you and your family
Cards are provided to identify the eligibility of veterans, former ADF members and their dependants for a range of benefits. These can include:
- health care
- pharmaceutical benefits
- concessional travel.
- At the state and local level there are also a range of benefits and discounts provided by government and private providers.
Does DVA gold card cover dental treatments?
Our dental program provides eligible clients with access to a comprehensive suite of dental services including:
- preventive treatment such as examinations and cleaning
- simple treatment such as fillings and extractions
- complex treatment such as crowns, bridges, implants and dentures
- emergency treatment following unforeseen injuries
Program eligibility is based on Veteran Card type:
Gold Card holders are entitled to treatment for all dental conditions
White Card holders are only eligible for treatment of their accepted dental condition or the dental consequences of cancer treatment.
? Attention! If you are a DVA member or have questions about DVA payment for dental treatments, we’re here to help.
Call the Wide Bay Central Dental Clinic today and speak to our friendly team. Whether you need assistance understanding your DVA benefits or want to schedule an appointment, we’re ready to assist you. Don’t miss out on the comprehensive dental care you deserve. ( 07) 4194 2525