Get Back Your Teeth’s Functioning through Our Dental Fillings
Dental fillings are one of the excellent ways to address tooth decay efficiently. It restores the normal shape and functioning of your tooth that is presently damaged. A dental filling also restricts the bacteria that caused decay to proceed further.
Wide Bay Central Dental can treat damages to your teeth through dental filling in Hervey Bay, Qld. Our dentists, with substantial years of experience, can make your teeth as good as new in no time.
How do our dentists provide dental fillings?
The dentists at our clinics proceed with the following steps:
- Step 1. Anesthesia: They start by providing local anesthetic to numb the target area. This restricts any sensation of pain.
- Step 2. Preparation: Next, dentists place a rubber dam around the tooth. They might also add a bite lock to help relax your upper and lower jaw.
- Step 3. Decay removal: In the next step, they remove the decay with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Step 4. Dental filling placing: Dentists will then add the dental filling into the damaged tooth. The procedure for adding the filling depends on the material (discussed below).
- Step 5. Final check-up: Lastly, you will be required to bite down on something to check the filling’s height. Our dentists can modify it in case the filling is not leveled.
What are the types of dental fillings?
Dental fillings are of the following types:
- 1. Composite resin: Composite resin is exceptional to match your teeth color and deliver a natural appearance. Although affordable, this compound is not everlasting. Hence, you can opt for other filling types considering durability.
- 2. Porcelain/ceramic: Porcelain or ceramic fillings are more long-lasting and appealing than composite resin. They are also resistant to stain, unlike the above. This filling is suitable for large cavities.
- 3. Amalgam/silver: Amalgam or silver fillings are composed of 50% mercury and 50% silver, copper, zinc, and tin. They are the most popular among dental fillings owing to their durability. Amalgam or silver fillings can last more than 15 years.
- 4. Gold fillings: Gold fillings are rare and expensive owing to obvious reasons. However, they are more robust and durable than any other fillings mentioned above.A superbly done gold filling can last for up to 20 years.So, make an appointment at Wide Bay Central Dental today for the best and customized dental treatment. We will ensure that your teeth perform naturally without causing any discomfort through dental filling in Hervey Bay, Qld.